Monday, August 3, 2009

Upcoming Town Hall Meetings with Pete Sessions

Right after Sessions Watch posted a diary asking about Pete Sessions' plan for health care, we got two emails, one from Park Cities Democrats (see comments in previous post), and this one from a Republican Sessions Watcher, telling about two upcoming town hall meetings. (*sigh* Sessions Watch is always the last to know):
I saw this on Pete Sessions' website:

Richardson Town Hall Meeting
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
7:00pm – 8:30pm

Richardson Civic Center/City Hall • Grand Hall
411 W. Arapaho Road
Richardson, TX 75080

Irving Town Hall Meeting
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
7:00pm – 8:30pm
Irving City Hall
825 W. Irving Blvd
Irving, Texas 75060

It says you have to RSVP, but for town hall meetings, I think we can just show up, can't we?: "For more information or to RSVP, please contact Congressman Sessions’ Dallas District office at 972.392.0505." After reading about Lisa's experience, I'm nervous about calling the office! lol! Not really, but can't we just show up without an RSVP? With our schedules, I never know 'til the last minute if we can go to things like this.
Yes, you can attend without an RSVP. Town hall meetings are open to anyone in TX-32--and, actually, anyone outside the district can attend, too. Sessions Watchers from the 32nd have attended town hall meetings with our neighboring districts Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30), Kenny Marchant, (TX-24) and Sam Johnson (TX-3). No one ever asked for an RSVP, and all seemed to enjoy "playing to a full house."

If anybody goes, please take pics & post on your blog, facebook account or whatever, and post the link in the most recent comment box. We still don't have an email account for this blog; right now, individuals just collect emails and pass along the information or post anything that needs attention into the most recent comment box.

When election season heats up, we'll get one email address for everything, and make sure someone's available to check it at least once a week.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting my email about the town hall listings at Pete Sessions website. It's been awhile since I checked my email--guess what I found? An evite to the Richardson town hall! I think anyone can use it, even if you're not on his mailing list (it's long, so I put it in "tiny url" format):
http://tinyurl.com/msaqym I'm in Lakewood, and can't decide if I want to round up the kids and husband for a road trip to Richardson. If I go, I'll tell you about it.

Lisa said...

I was so busy ranting that I forgot to send you the dates of the town hall meetings!! Sorry about that, but glad you found the info.

Nancy said...

Hi, SW, saw your note down there. Called my neighbor to see if her son was interested in going and you won't believe this. He registered with his college Republican club as TX-30, not 32. He was embarrassed by the Taliban thing. Our lines are drawn so loopy that no one's figured it out from his address. We're literally right across the street from TX-30 anyway. So, no, my young Republican neighbor won't be there and I guess he's cut out for politics after all since he's started out with a lie! lol! It's funny, but terrible too. Got a better offer for tomorrow myself, if you consider chaperoning some church kids at six Flags "better." Have a good time, to whoever goes.

John Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Peterson said...

If you're wondering why I have two deleted posts, I moved my post over to the new town hall thread. That's a better home for it.

JOhn